Sunday 17 August 2014

Week 2 journal entry

Week 2:

Didn't do as much this week as I maybe should have. Haven't talked with my group much, and we still need to organize our meeting time before the next workshop.

During the contact, we all wrote down ideas for apps trove could be used for, then tried to categorize them at each table. We then merged our ideas/categories with adjacent tables. I found my table had trouble merging categories with the table next to us, since the table next to us was a lot more specific with their games categories then we had been. In hindsight, rather than trying to combine the categories, it probably would have been better to just assign some new categories unrelated to the preexisting categories, then put ideas into them as we felt appropriate.

We've got the idea our group formed around (Major events in the 9 months leading up to your birthday), which we need to sit down and hammer out a bit more, as well as a couple of other ideas. I need to expand on an idea I kinda liked, which is tracking and comparing disasters.
I was thinking for this, an app that looks through articles for commonly occurring words (like hurricane, tsunami, earthquake), and outputting them to a map. The outputs could be color coded depending on the amount of coverage they got, and have icons based on what sort of disaster they were. I have more details written down in a word document, that I plan to put ideas in as I/my team develop them.


I hope this is enough. I'm... not entirely sure what I'm supposed to say in this blog post, so yeah, hope this is right.


1 comment:

  1. BLOG BLOG BLOG AND BLOG PLEASE.
    you need to document your progress on the project, response to all the topic post too, this blog will become handy when you do your portfolio.

    ReplyDelete